Types of hosting solutions
A hosting service is connected with storing and/or sharing given web content on a web hosting server hosted by a website hosting provider. There are different categories of hosting services utilized for various aims, so let's have a glance at them. Doing so, you can elect what you need, based on whether you desire to have a site, e-mail addresses, or to share files with comrades and partners.
- File hosting: a solution made available by some hosts, which enables you to share big files. These could be disk images, movies, audio files, archived documents, etc. This service is also known as file storage, and its sole objective is to share files, since it does not support web site uploading. As soon as the files are uploaded, you will either obtain an accidentally generated download link for each of them, or you will be able to view a list of all the files in a directory, but you will be unable to load .html or .php web site files in your browser. Free-of-cost file hosting packages frequently include advertisements beside the download links, while a timer compels you to await a particular span of time to view them. A single file can be downloaded with limited speed. If you purchase a paid file hosting package, there are no restrictions as to how many files you can upload/download right away, and also there is no limit as far as the download speed and the file size are concerned.
At present, with the help of the cPanel hosting vendors, "file hosting" is being renamed to the more voguish "cloud hosting". This is a totally improper explanation of the literal connotation of "cloud hosting". A real cloud website hosting system would divide the load between autonomous bunches of hosting servers in a cluster, which are devoted to attending different web space hosting services (mail, storage space, stats, DNS, databases, CP, and so on.) So, the file hosting solution is only a kind of a disk space hosting service, not a cloud hosting one. It's not even near.
- Image hosting: resembling file hosting; specific vendors offer a hosting service for pictures solely. This hosting type is suitable if you would like to share an immense amount of pictures with chums or colleagues since the solution is usually free of charge. You will obtain a random link for each image or album and you can subsequently share this link. As with the file storage solution, .html and .php files are not compatible, so the solution cannot be utilized for web sites.
- E-mail hosting: a solution dedicated to administering your mail aliases. Some corporations offer website hosting solutions for web pages, but do not provide an email service. If you want to possess a mail address with your domain name but do not want to have a site, then the e-mail hosting solution is what you need. You can open email mailbox accounts and administer them, but there will be no hosting service for the domains. The email hosting solution involves incoming POP/IMAP and outgoing SMTP servers.
- Video hosting: this solution permits you to upload and share video clips. You can either share a link to a certain video file, or you can embed the video in your site that is hosted elsewhere. The advantage of using this approach in lieu of uploading the video file in a hosting account is that the video clip generates a specific amount of CPU load, so with several video files and several hundred web site viewers, you may have a hard time with your hosting quotas. Embedding the video clip will allow you to own as many videos as you desire without hassling about system resources.
- Web page hosting: this is the service that you need if you wish to own a web site. To a certain degree, it includes all of the aforesaid hosting sorts since, along with your web pages, you can also host pics and files, you can set up databases and electronic mail accounts, upload video files, and so on. At WebHost-ing.com, for example, you can have a gaze at web hosting and dedicated web hosting accounts that enable you to get all of the aforesaid services in one single place. There may be limits depending on the form of hosting service that you've opted for - a free hosting account, a paid shared hosting plan, a VPS or a dedicated server. Based on that, your web hosting package may be better or worse compared to the ordinary e-mail/file/video/image hosting plans that are designed for specific content only.